This is a summary of insurance required for facility use permits. Please refer to Section 18 of the Facility Use Permit application for more details about insurance requirements.

  • Facility use permits require proof of General Liability Insurance for at least one million dollars each occurrence, combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage. Your coverage must include damage to rented premises with a sublimit, if any, of not less than $100,000 (one hundred thousand).
  • Certificate holder should be:
    San Francisco Unified School District
    Real Estate Office
    135 Van Ness Avenue, Room 116
    San Francisco, CA 94102
  • The General Liability policy must name as Additional Insured “San Francisco Unified School District, its Board, officers and employees.” See this Example Certificate of Insurance and the endorsement form.
  • Certificate of insurance and endorsement form need to cover the entire term/duration of the permit.
  • If you don’t have liability insurance, you can purchase coverage through GatherGuard Insurance.
  • You must submit the required certificate of insurance and a separate endorsement form to the Real Estate Office at least 10 business days prior to the first requested date of using the facility. To avoid delays to approval of your permit application, we encourage you to submit all the required insurance documents along with your permit application to the Real Estate Office.

Home Frequently Asked Questions Terms and Conditions